Welcome:

Yay! A girly food blog where we can share all our recipes! :D

Friday, March 18, 2016

Avocado Toast

When I first heard about Avocado Toast, I rolled my eyes so hard they almost fell out. But I like avocados and I like toast so I did give in and try it. And it is fantastic. What I don't like though, is going to a restaurant and paying a lot of money for things that are simple and much less costly to make at home. So I try to avoid getting out.
Here's my basic Recipe

Ingredients:
  • Bread - I usually go for one of the bakery multigrains, you want something sturdy, not the soft floppy stuff
  • Avocados (ripe obviously)
  • Olive Oil
  • Large Grain salt (sea salt, flake salt, Himalayan pink, whatever your preferred fancy salt)
  • Red Pepper Flakes (like the kind in the shaker at the pizza place)
  • Pepper (whatever your pepper grinder has in it is fine)
Directions:
  1. Toast the bread. I personally enjoy toasting the bread in my cast iron skillet with a bit of olive oil. This method is totally optional and if you think it's too much of a pain or if you just don't have a suitable skillet, just use whatever your preferred toastng method is.
  2. Place the toasted bread slices onto a plate
  3. Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Use a fork to scoop out the part that you actually eat and kind of mash it onto the toasts in a thick layer.
  4. Sprinkle each slice generously with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with the red pepper flakes to your preference
  5. If you did not toast the bread in olive oil, you may wish to drizzle a small amount on top.
  6. Enjoy!

If you can make toast and cut an avocado in half you can make this yourself. There are many variations to avocado toast, so I encourage you to experiment with additional toppings and spices. Leave a comment with your favorite toppings!

No comments:

Post a Comment