Here's my basic Recipe
- Bread - I usually go for one of the bakery multigrains, you want something sturdy, not the soft floppy stuff
- Avocados (ripe obviously)
- Olive Oil
- Large Grain salt (sea salt, flake salt, Himalayan pink, whatever your preferred fancy salt)
- Red Pepper Flakes (like the kind in the shaker at the pizza place)
- Pepper (whatever your pepper grinder has in it is fine)
- Toast the bread. I personally enjoy toasting the bread in my cast iron skillet with a bit of olive oil. This method is totally optional and if you think it's too much of a pain or if you just don't have a suitable skillet, just use whatever your preferred toastng method is.
- Place the toasted bread slices onto a plate
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Use a fork to scoop out the part that you actually eat and kind of mash it onto the toasts in a thick layer.
- Sprinkle each slice generously with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with the red pepper flakes to your preference
- If you did not toast the bread in olive oil, you may wish to drizzle a small amount on top.
If you can make toast and cut an avocado in half you can make this yourself. There are many variations to avocado toast, so I encourage you to experiment with additional toppings and spices. Leave a comment with your favorite toppings!